Law Department

  • Report a Housing Related Issue - Report a housing related issue to the Town of Brookhaven. You may report an illegal apartment, tall grass, an unfenced pool, an unsafe structure, and more.
  • Report a Nature Preserves Violation - Report a suspected violation of Town of Brookhaven Nature Preserves code. Common violations include: illegal dumping / hunting / encroachments with structures, fences or clearing / ATV or dirt bike use.
  • Report a Vacant Home - Use our interactive online service to file a complaint about a vacant building (or register your vacant building (PDF) now). Please note you can't use this system to report vacant buildings in villages. You must contact the village directly.
  • Online Records Request - Submit an interactive online Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) application.